COVID-19 AND THE STEPS WE ARE TAKING
A MESSAGE FROM OUR MD SIAN HOLT
Our high street shops are now closed as per government recommendation, however our delivery service (which operates out of a separate area), remains open as usual and will continue to provide our devilishly different confectionery straight to your door. You can place orders online (www.fudgekitchen.co.uk) or over the phone (01303 864400) as usual. Carriers have suspended signatures on delivery for the tracked and signed-for service.
We want to thank you for your continued support. Your safety, and that of the people who work for Fudge Kitchen, remains at the heart of what we do.
Below are the measures that have been implemented thus far:
- All our Fudge is produced and packed following our strict HACCP policies, which include the wearing of gloves and masks.
- Our team members work on separate floors with separate kitchen access for personal breaks.
- We undertake regular video session check-ins to ensure the health and safety and mental well-being of staff.
- Weekly creative challenges set and judged amongst teams for all furloughed staff to keep us all fudging along.
- We have increased the sanitising of touch points including door handles, railings, light switches, phones, etc on our daily cleaning checklist.
- We already have a very strict hand-washing policy due to the nature of our business, but we are reminding all staff to be extremely vigilant about washing hands for 20 seconds at a time with hot water.
- Travel restrictions and self-quarantine protocol have been observed by all staff travelling to and from high-risk regions, or who have displayed symptoms or been in contact with someone who has.
- We are extending the expiry date of all Fudge Making Experience Vouchers that expire within the next 60 Days. Please contact us if this affects you at all, quoting your voucher number. You can contact us via email via email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0) 1303 864400.
The wider community:
- We recently donated all our remaining stock of our caramels to NHS hospitals and services local to our seven shops, coordinating with local NHS trust support teams to do so in a contactless way.
- We’ve doubled our Blue Light Discount to 30% on all products, as way of a thank you for the hard work being played by all members of the emergency services at this difficult time.
- We have also created a special fudge selection box, and are donating £1 on every sale through Neighbourly to support small local initiatives run by key workers and charitable groups to keep their vital community services running during this pandemic.
- You can also find on our website our Comfort Bundle, a discounted selection of favourites designed for those who are still pulling the 9-5 to keep everything moving!
Please be assured that we are monitoring this situation very closely; keeping abreast of government recommendations as well as advice from the food and retail sector's advisory bodies and will take appropriate precautions and apply them fully to our business as the situation evolves.
Please keep safe and best wishes,